From the Galley - Mozambique Tuna Curry
This is fresh and fiery curry which was first cooked for us on Guernsey in the Channel Isles. Its a wet curry with lots of fresh tasting juices, the ginger gives a nice bit of heat and the tuna is really tender.
Great to eat in a bowl with plenty of rice to soak up juices whilst watching the world go by.
4 Garlic cloves
1 table spoon of tomato purée
Red pepper (diced)
Fresh ginger (diced)
Medium curry powder
black pepper, salt
Rice - white or brown
Cooking instructions -
- Sauté the garlic, onion, tomatoes and tomatoes purée
- Then add the red pepper, ginger, celery and carrot
- Add water to totally cover the sauce
- Boil for 10 minutes, then simmer for a further for 40 mins
- Add Tuna when the sauce is cooked, simmer for 10 minutes, then leave to stand for 10 minutes.